Re: [Xen-users] relocation time about 20sec? and yours?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] relocation time about 20sec? and yours?
From: Martin Hierling <mad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:51:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 20 May 2006 04:52:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> you're comparing apples and oranges.  the 60-300msec figure is downtime,
> while
> your 20sec seems to be the whole migration time.

no, the 20sec are the real downtime. I am pinging the DomU while
migrating (yes, live migration) and i lost about 20 icmp replies. So it
is not the whole process of copying memory 3 or 4 times and al the other
stuff.
This 20 secs while the DomU is not responding to network packets is
downtime, for me. Also my ssh connection to the host is lost.

> > How long takes it on your Servers to migrate a DomU from A to B, what kind
> > of storrage do you use.
>
> i think those 60-300msec tests were done both with FC and NBD

FC and NBD over Gigabit Ethernet should be the same as iSCSI.

regards Martin