Re: [Xen-users] domU discs: file vs. volumemanager

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU discs: file vs. volumemanager
From: "Tijl Van den Broeck" <subspawn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:34:39 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 04:35:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Multipath should be possible with multipath-tools and evms (>2.3.5), see http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/storage/multipath-tools/ and http://evms.sourceforge.net/user_guide/#multipath that ought to put you on your way.

The "easiest" filesystem that's pretty good in resizing on linux is ReiserFS 3.6 (4 is still to unstable). You can use EVMS to manage the domU disks and simply run resize_reiserfs /dev/... and resize the disks online (I don't think Xen will give trouble over that, since I think you can resize from inside a domU, not 100% sure though).