[Xen-users] Custom kernel build

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Custom kernel build
From: Julius <julius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 23:13:10 +1200
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 May 2006 04:14:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have a RAID driver which is proprietary so I have to stick to a kernel version. When I run `make world` it downloads a more recent kernel.

I have my own kernel source and its .config for my distribution too.

Is it possible to build a dom0 for my setup? (ie. kernel < 2.6.16)

I guess the problem is that I need to find/create a Linux-2.6.x-xen/ which matches my kernel...? (I'm assuming that the Linux-2.6.x-xen/ that is created when doing a `make world` is modified.) Is the vanilla kernel modified by the make script?

I'm stuck in the manual where it says:
`cd linux-2.6.12-xen0`
as I'd like to be going to a differently named dir.

Thanks for any help...