[Xen-users] Configuring a xen0 kernel - is the Wiki out-of-date ? [SOLVE

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Configuring a xen0 kernel - is the Wiki out-of-date ? [SOLVED]
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:17:32 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:19:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list.

Found the solution. Apparently my xen-dir had been messed up by me doing
a 'make menuconfig' in the xen0 build tree instead of properly doing
'make ARCH=xen menuconfig'. All my low-level SCSI drivers had
disappeared from menuconfig even after doing a 'make clean' and
re-running with 'make ARCH=xen menuconfig' :-/. But after removing the
full xen-2.0 dir completely and unpacking xen-2.0.6-src.tgz from scratch
it worked as expected and I could add the needed MEGARAID drivers. I now
have a machine that boots. Phew!

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen
______________________________________

Hi list.

I am trying to build a new xen0 kernel to get the MEGARAID driver linked
in. I have done a "make world" and then gone into the linux-2.6.11-xen0
directory (I know, I am setting up an old Xen 2.0.6, but I need to in
order to reproduce some odd behavior I have seen on my production server
which runs 2.0.6).

According to http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq section 5 you
should do

  make ARCH=xen xconfig (or menuconfig of course)

instead of just

  make menuconfig

However, when I add the "ARCH=xen" bit I can't see or select any SCSI
low-level drivers. Doing just plain "make menuconfig" I can see them all
(but then no Xen menu). Guess the Wiki is out-of-date or do I need some
other kind of incantation ?

Cheers
-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark