[Xen-users] How do you manage your domU kernel modules?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] How do you manage your domU kernel modules?
From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:38:14 +1000
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 May 2006 16:41:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just doing Xen 3.0.0 to Xen 3.0.2 upgrades here, and realising that copying
the modules for the new kernel into all of the domUs is a massive pain.
What do people do to alleviate this pain?  NFS mount in all the domUs?
Manual copying?  Some sort of pre-boot autocopy?  Some other clever way?
I've got a mix of self-managed and customer-managed VMs, which complicates
matters slightly.

Keen to hear people's ideas, as I really can't identify a clear winner from
the options I can think of -- but then, I've got no practical experience
with most of them, so I don't know all the benefits and drawbacks.

- Matt