Re: [Xen-users] Re: Hardware Recommendations (laptop VT)

To: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Hardware Recommendations (laptop VT)
From: Sven Oehme <oehmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:01:11 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 May 2006 13:00:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

the IBM Laptops with Core Duo are VT enabled (e.g. T60p) ..

Sven

"Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

05/01/2006 09:21 PM

xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[Xen-users] Re: Hardware Recommendations (laptop VT)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 mrkris@xxxxxxxxxx wrote

> I am in search of a new laptop, but want VT support so I can work with
> windows apps under Linux. Any recommendations? I'm sure I'll need LOTS of ram :D
>
> mrkris

I'm also waiting on a suitable VT capable laptop to run Xen, Linux and
Windows, but haven't seen any recommendations yet.

According to the following news/articles, it looks like Intel Core Duo
T2700 will bring VT to Centrino, expected some time in H1 2006?
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/16/intel_core_duo_vt/
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29434
http://www.nordichardware.com/news,3014.html

However, Samsung Q35 and X11 are already launched with T2700, but I
don't know if these laptops have VT enabled.

Can some other on this list confirm if the above are correct
expectations with regards to requirements for VT, Xen, Windows and Linux?

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen