[Xen-users] activate pci card in domU???

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] activate pci card in domU???
From: list user <xktnniuymlla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:19:39 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:17:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

Playing with xen since 1.0. The work you all have done is magnificent. Kudos!!!

Currently running xen-3.0.2-2 w/ linux 2.6.16-xen built from sources with a domain-0 and five domU's, all happily networked, on my laptop. Each of them is running a complete mail delivery subsystem with qmail and vpopmail. This thing screams :D

I'm now trying to move a pci network card into a domU with limited success.

In grub on module line is pciback.hide(02:00.0). The fact that my network disappeared from domain-0 shows it has been hidden.

In a domU config file has pci = [ '02:00.0' ] and no vif = [''] line.

After booting that domU, lspci shows:

  02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme
          BCM5702X Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02)

showing that the domU now owns that card; however, all attempts to configure it fail with tg3 timeout errors.

Can somebody nudge me in the correct direction or possibly attach a script that they've successfully used exporting a pci device to a domU?

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Mike Wright :m)