Re: AW: [Xen-users] cowloop and XEN - doesn`t work for me

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: AW: [Xen-users] cowloop and XEN - doesn`t work for me
From: Matthias Laug <matthias.laug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:04:27 +0200
Cc: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 03:03:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

did you get any result for cowdevices... I tried to start a domain with a cowdevice and I got this kernel panic:

Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,1)

Is there any possibility, so that DomU can handle this block device?

Thanks for any help
Mattes

Stephan Seitz wrote:

Hi,

to get cow capabilities, i used cownfsd ( http://www.russross.com/CoWNFS.html ) on an external box, targetting to a mounted cluster-fs. domU's (as well as the dom0's) of the xen boxes has been booted from this cow-enabled nfs shares. in small setups, a cownfsd should also work on a single domO. your target may vary, but my intention was keeping the fs as transparent as possible to the domU's.

greetings

Stephan Seitz