[Xen-users] Re: Difficulties inserting external modules in dom0 & using

To: "Michael LeMay" <lemaymd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Difficulties inserting external modules in dom0 & using a serial port
From: "Molle Bestefich" <molle.bestefich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:02:09 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 02:02:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael LeMay wrote:
> FATAL: Error inserting 8250 (...): Device or resource busy

Xen uses the console too, you might want to check your boot options
and the documentation.

Perhaps the busy error code refers to an IRQ (check the 8250 source
code to make sure), so you could look in /proc/interrupts and see if
anything else is using the same IRQ that the 8250 is trying to grab.

Same problem, clue about 8250 being modularized on SuSE but not other distros:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/2504

Same problem, possible solution offered (didn't work) and a clue about
IRQ problems:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/4275
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/4290
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/4298

Same problem, no solution:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/97

> x10_cm19a: Unknown symbol force_evtchn_callback

Nothing else in dmesg or syslog?

I usually solve this kind of problem by fiddling with the kernel version :-)...

Same problem, no solution:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/10337
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/10354
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/10414

Same problem, impolite enough to crosspost to users- and devel-list, no replies:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/9892

Same problem, no replies:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/10543