Re: [Xen-users] Performance issues

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:19:15 +0300
Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:59:35AM +0200, Guillaume Thouvenin wrote:
> > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:17:00 +0200 (CEST)
> > Stephan Austermühle <au@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > What settings did you use? I have booted Xen with command line
> > > argument
> > > 'sched=bvt' but that did not change much.
> >
> > I use the same line argument as you. Here is what I have in my grub
> > configuration file:
> >
> >   root (hd0,0)
> >   kernel /boot/xen-3.gz dom0_mem=1048576 com1=9600,8n1 sched=bvt
> >   module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xen root=/dev/sda1 console=ttyS0
> >   module /boot/initrd.img-2.6.16-xen
> >
> > When I test the sEDF scheduler I just remove the sched=bvt argument.
> >

> How about xm-sched parameters? Do you use the defaults, or custom
> settings?

 I'm using the default parameters to test the difference between sEDF
and BVT scheduler.

 I only customize the sEDF parameters for the test that checks the
influence of the sEDF scheduler. For this test I use three domains and
each one has its own parameters.

<http://www.bullopensource.org/xen/benchs.html>

Cheers,
Guillaume