RE: [Xen-users] Xen and GFS

You are correct, if clvmd is not running, you can activate the LV on all
the nodes without the system complaining. clvm primarily tells the
system to hand the locks off to gfs, and propogates lvm updates to the
other cluster nodes. It does not, however, give you a cluster safe file
system, so don't mount an lv on all the nodes at the same time or you
risk corruption.

--

Jim Klein
Director Information Services & Technology
On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Stephen Palmer wrote:
> Yeah, I did rebuild it; but when I went to start the daemon, it locked

> up.  I didn't spend any time troubleshooting it, really, and moved on
> without it.
>
> Right now, I'm actually using a single LVM formatted with GFS and
shared
> between the nodes, so I don't see why I couldn't reconfigure things to

> match what you have done.  I believe you see those errors because you
> have CLVM installed at all, and so it's expecting to find the daemon
> running on all of the nodes.  I don't have it installed so it wouldn't

> know any better ...

Could very well be.

> Anyhow, it will be easy enough to test this out.  I'll go back and
> figure out how to get CLVM working if it doesn't work.

Good luck!  :)