RE: [Xen-users] Re: Configuring a xen0 kernel - is the Wiki out-of-date?

To: <peterdv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Re: Configuring a xen0 kernel - is the Wiki out-of-date?
From: "JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen)" <jhje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:06:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:07:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> This results in a
> ~   /usr/bin/make  EXTRAVERSION=.6-xen-pdvibm14-dom0  ARCH=xen vmlinuz
>
> In this process I do see SCSI and low level drivers (using
> menuconfig).

OK, guess I should just use "make menuconfig" when in the
xen-directories.

> I do btw. use
> ~   CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
> ~   CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=y
> ~   CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=y
> in my kernel.

Saw that too in another post - will make sure I get that in .config.
Thanks for the tip.

> On Dell 2850, stabillity is significantly improved by booting
> the kernel
> using "noirqbalance nousb".

Using a PowerEdge 2600, but it is probably a good idea anyway. I am not
going to use USB anyway.

Cheers
-- Jan