Re: [Xen-users] Xen reboots

Quoting Tulasi <kuzum@xxxxxxxxxx>:
non of the kernels seems to understand my nVidia Sata controller:

Cannot open root device "md2" or unknown block(0,0)
please append a correct "root=" boot option
kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)

Are you sure it's the nVidia controller that is the culprit, and
not the md driver? It could be that the md driver is compiled as
a module, in which case you need to create a initrd image.

Since your using raid1, you should be able to boot from one of
the disks that make up the raid volume. If /dev/md2 is composed
of /dev/sda2 and /dev/sdb2 (example), then change the argumentline
to root=/dev/sda2

If you can boot with root=/dev/sda2 then it's not a controller problem.

Good luck, Peter