Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2-testing for Dapper Drake

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.2-testing for Dapper Drake
From: Pete Ryland <pdr@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 22:05:51 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 14:06:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 10:06:36PM +1200, Tom Hibbert wrote:
> I have built Xen packages for Ubuntu Dapper Drake this weekend, based
> off Ralph's rules. My changes include making the debian rules python2.4
> aware, fixing patch generation (by doing it again), updating
> the .installer files, and other sundry fixes.
>
> I've managed also to build a prototype Dapper xen kernel using the
> Ubuntu rules. Results so far are very good, with initrd and even
> bootsplash working... well done to the Xen-devel team for fixing these
> long standing issues.

Nice.

> You can get my debs  for Xen 3.0.2-testing at:
> http://thoughtcrime.org.nz/~cartel/ubuntu/dapper/xen3.0.2-testing
> +20060409
>
> Source code and kernel will show up later today.

Very much looking forward to that!  I've been trying to create Xen/Ubuntu
kernels for some weeks now to no avail.  I've been trying to hand-apply the
Xen patches onto the Ubuntu patched kernel which hasn't yielded any success
yet.  I'll try to compile up a kernel for myself with your patches for now,
but I do look forward to trying your kernels.  Thanks!

Pete