Re: [Xen-users] cpu management

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] cpu management
From: Andrej Radonic <andrej.radonic@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:26:06 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 06:36:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paul Peeler wrote:
Is there a way to define how much of the cpu a particular domU is
allowed to use? I know you can specify which cpu/cpus it uses, but it
would be nice to be able to say "25% of CPU0" and allow it to use more
if it is available.
Hi Paul,

yes (of course), something like that.

There is the "memory" parameter in the domU's config file. This is the default as well as max RAM assigned to a domU at boot time. At runtime you can use "xm mem-set <domain> <megabytes>" to dynmically adjust allocated RAM, but only up to the initial value.

All this is accomplished via the "balloon" driver.

Cheers,
Andrej