Re: [Xen-users] Re: usb keyboard and mouse not functioning

To: "Stephen C. Tweedie" <sct@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: usb keyboard and mouse not functioning
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 17:14:11 +0100
Cc: Molle Bestefich <molle.bestefich@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:16:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > *why* the IRQ got disabled?
>
> Yes, it's linux/kernel/irq/spurious.c:note_interrupt() hitting the
> "100000 irqs with 99900 unhandled" limit and killing as a bad IRQ:

OK, that's what I was hoping for.

> I just don't know why we're getting that flood of unhandled interrupts
> on irq16 with xen0 and not on native.

Nope.  And I wonder why apparently exactly 100 were handled...

Does the rate at which the IRQs happen correspond to USB activity in any
obvious way?  i.e. are the IRQs actually doing something useful or *might*
they be spurious.

It would seem weird for the uhci driver to refuse to service them, though...

You're not running any driver domains, are you?

> I'll reboot to native and see if there's any obvious difference in the
> irq configuration there.

Seems like a good plan!

Cheers,
Mark