[Xen-users] xen kernel config description

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen kernel config description
From: Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:59:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:57:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
config X86_64_XEN
        bool "Enable Xen compatible kernel"
        select SWIOTLB
        help
          This option will compile a kernel compatible with Xen hypervisor

but: that is only half the trueth. maybe add something lik:
        building a xen abled kernel will disable TSC, HT, SMT, NUMA, HPET_TIMER,
        GART_IOMMU, MCE, KEXEC, PM, PCIE, PCI, PCMCIA, HOTPLUG support.

or something similar with a better description of each item and in how far
the support is completely disabled etc. (I only looked at the x86_64
Kconfig file and saw that lots of options depend on !X86_64_XEN or are
not included if X86_64_XEN is set.)

Is there any hope
a) is there a wiki page of all the stuff that won't work once I switch from
   a normal kernel to a dom0 kernel?
b) will that feature set shrink? I guess most people will not be happy about
   no pccard support for laptops, so that side effect should be public
   documented. power management is also quite interesting.
   (no idea how most of the other features affect me if they are missing or
    how to use them in the first place :)

Regards, Andreas
p.s. should I report stuff like this as bug? where?