Re: [Xen-users] Re: Access Hypervisor Control from DomU

Am Freitag, den 31.03.2006, 07:03 -0500 schrieb Javier Guerra:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 6:59 am, Nils Toedtmann wrote:
> > But that is the exact problem: afaik you cannot move domUs or reboot the
> > "problem box" remotely if dom0 userland is dead! You are locked.
>
> i don't really get how you can get a "dead userland" with a still alive
> kernel.

Several times i experienced a situation where a linux box still
forwarded packets and answered echo-requests, but i could not connect to
any listening deamon (ssh, http, smtp): The TCP-handshake (SYN - SYN/ACK
- ACK) was negotiated, but then the socket did not answer anything, as
if all service processes where locked. No idea what really happened,
maybe a bug in early 2.6.x. (btw, it was not related to xen)

> maybe it's just the xen daemons that have died? then a DMD (daemon
> monitoring daemon) would do the trick

That's a good idea anyway. /nils.