Re: [Xen-users] Problem with reboot of domU's

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem with reboot of domU's
From: Jan-Petter Kruger <jpk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:30:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:32:12 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Thank you, works like a charm !

Regards,
Jan-Petter

Florian Kirstein wrote:
Hi,

But, I have a problem with rebooting domU's. Here is the output
from /var/log/xend.log
    back['ip'] = ' '.join(ipaddr)
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, list found

This was a problem with the xend code to store the vif's ip information.
Use xen-unstable (which I'd currently reccoment, it's getting closer
to 3.0.2 every day ;) or just change the

  if ip:
            result.append( ...

code in
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/netif.py (or your sourcetree)
to:
       if ip:
            for i in ip.split(" "):
                result.append(['ip', i])
(thats how unstable does it) or to:
       if ip:
            result.append(['ip', ip])
(thats an older fix which doesn't handle multiple IPs)

vif = ['ip=192.168.1.12']
Any ideas what might be wrong here ?

Nothing except your xen-version not liking IPs in a vif definition
on DomU reboot :)

(:ul8er, r@y