[Xen-users] Xen unstable boot halt on sServe 206

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen unstable boot halt on sServe 206
From: Simon <greminn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:52:49 +1200
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:54:31 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi There, Wondering if someone could shed some light here? I have
installed debian sarge on a IBM eServe 206 with a single SATA drive
and the RAID disabled in the bios... then used the xen unstable
packages from mirror.clarkson.edu to update the kernel and install xen
(kernel-image-2.6.12-xen0), here is my apt sources line:

deb http://mirror.clarkson.edu/pub/distributions/xenophilia/xen-debs/debian
xen-unstable main

The issue is that when i boot into the xen kernel, the boot process
gets to this part (see the comment below) and halts. This extract is
from a xen test PC that works just to show where it gets to:

Bridge firewalling registered
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
<----- gets to here somewhere ----->

What i cannot show here (as i am not near the IBM server now), is that
it gets to a bit that says something about "NFS root" and thats where
it halts.... Does anybody have any idea here? I will post the full
output when i get back into work tomorrow morning.

Thanks, Simon