Re: [Xen-users] IBM eServer x366 with Xen?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] IBM eServer x366 with Xen?
From: Fraser Campbell <fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:59:04 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 14:00:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Georg Klein wrote:

http://www-8.ibm.com/servers/eserver/nz/xseries/x366/specs.html

and let me know if this is a VT-enabled server? The outline lists this

No - it is not.

Yes and no ...

The Xeon MP based 366 are not VT capable as far as I know but there are other models of 366 based on Xeon 70x0 processors which should (eventually) be VT capable. If you buy the correct 366 sub-model then it's just a question of when IBM will release BIOS enabling VT, as far as I know they have not done so yet.