Re: [Xen-users] help: ports of windows

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] help: ports of windows
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:38:45 +0000
Cc: Phinux Chang <phinuxchang@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:58:04 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    I want to use windows xp in xen vitual machine, but I find nothing
> about that except the name of Intel Virtualization Technology.

You need hardware from Intel that supports VMX, or hardware from AMD that
supports SVM.  Intel's is already available through some channels but not
widely shipped.  AMD's is due for release later this year.

With that, Xen can provide the illusion of a whole machine, avoiding the need
to port Windows to it.  The original Xen-aware Windows port ran on unmodified
hardware but can't be distributed due to licensing reasons (also, I believe
it wasn't feature complete).

Cheers,
Mark

>    Is there anyone knows the howto, please help me, thank you:) I will
> apreciate it, thanks very much!
>

> Phinux Chang

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!