Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.1, Debian Sarge: Swap file not recognized in gue

To: Jared Rhine <jared@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.1, Debian Sarge: Swap file not recognized in guest
From: Jens-Christian Fischer <jcfischer.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:11:24 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:12:56 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My problem is, that the swap "device" on /dev/sda2 is not recognized
by the guest OS:

My similar problem recently was solved by investigation of the /dev/ sda2 device node; in my case, installing udev was my preferred solution to arranging for the dom0-exported device to be mountable by the domU.

I installed udev (apt-get install udev) first in the domU, then in dom0 and now I'm left with a non-working system... :-(

When I create the guest, I get this:

Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

googling tells me to remove the "vif= ['']" line in the config file for the guest. next time I try to create the vm I get:

Error: Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

I tried to remove udev (apt-get remove udev) but I'm left with the same error messages.

Of course, this is getting critical because I need the server in the guest environment asap. I have looked at the /etc/udev files but don't grok what I see there.

I'm running a 2.16.12 kernel:

Linux sauron 2.6.12.6-xen0 #1 Tue Jan 31 16:03:21 GMT 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

What can I do to either get my system back to before I started messing with udev, or to a working setup with udev?

thanks
jc