[Xen-users] Cross domain syncrhonization in Zen.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Cross domain syncrhonization in Zen.
From: "Maulik Patel" <maulik.patel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:57:59 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:29:51 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I stumbled across following questions while understanding Xen.

Can someone please explain it

What is the source of gettimeofday() for an O.S running on Xen ?

Does Xen provide a common source for all VMs ?

On taking a cursory look at details it seems like this info is obtained from shared_info structure.

Is shared_info struct common across all VMs ? I suppose not !

Thanks,

Maulik.