RE: [Xen-users] Failure running(or is it starting?) xend

To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Failure running(or is it starting?) xend
From: "Kappler, Bernhard" <bernhard.kappler@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:37:25 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:38:47 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Are you using Ubuntu Dapper Drake, or any other system having /var/run
mounted on a ram disk?

I had the same problem yesterday...

The installation of xenstore creates a directory /var/run/xenstored. When
rebooting this directory is gone and xend fails to start up. I created a
dirty workaround using a startup script to recreate this directory before
xen is started.

I'm using the line from the Makefile:

        install -d -m0755 -p /var/run/xenstored

Hope this helps! What system are you using?

Best Regards
        Bernhard