Re: [Xen-users] domU boot from cdrom..?

To: miguel <dezm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU boot from cdrom..?
From: "Dirk H. Schulz" <dirk.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:13:26 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:15:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Miguel,

you could make an ISO image from the CD-ROM and use that for booting.

This is an entry I use for starting off a NetBSD-ISO:

disk = [ 'file:/var/xentemp/i386cd-3.0.iso,cd0a,r', 'phy:/dev/LVMvg01/razalde,0x301,w' ]

You simply have to adjust pathes and mountpoints to your needs. It works in Xen 2.0.7, I did not try that in 3.0.x.

Dirk

miguel schrieb:

How can I have one of my guest systems boot directly from a cdrom? I see that
it is possible on the vmx machines using vmxloader as the kernel but what about
non vmx guests?

is this possible, if so how? i have not been able to find any place that
specifies it... all install have been with a copy of an existing OS.

thanks