Re: [Xen-users] LTP test results on SLES10 beta releases

To: "Krysan, Susan" <KRYSANS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] LTP test results on SLES10 beta releases
From: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:32:55 -0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 03:33:57 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Krysan, Susan wrote:

I have been running ltp tests in dom0 on varying x86_64 boxes with 8GB memory
and either SLES10 beta5 or beta6 installed.  I have run with xen changesets
8954, 9016, and 9029, all with similar results.  I get anywhere between 8 and
14 failures when I run the runalltests script.

ioperm02 and settimeofday01 always fail, varying number (5 to 10) syslog tests fail, and sometimes gethostid01and nanosleep01 fail.
Has anyone had similar results running ltp?  Would someone be able to explain
to me what these test cases do so I can have an idea what these failures mean?
Have you run a base run of the LTP against a regular, non-xen kernel? See how they compare, that way you can rule out whether it has anything to do with Xen.

--
Regards,

David F Barrera
Linux Technology Center
Systems and Technology Group, IBM

"The wisest men follow their own direction. "
                                                       Euripides