[Xen-users] NetBSD/Xen and OpenGL hardware support question

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] NetBSD/Xen and OpenGL hardware support question
From: "Christophe Cap" <christophe.cap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 03:47:24 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 11:48:17 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Currently I'm a FreeBSD user, but I'm planning to install NetBsd/Xen on my new
machine.
This allows me to test my apps with different OS's & kernel versions.

Now, since my app's use OpenGL for 3D rendering, I have some questions about
the support for hardware rendering on nVidia or/and ATI cards :

How is NetBSD native OpenGL hardware rendering support ?
What are the drawbacks under Xen ?
How is the support for GL shader language(s) ?
What about Linux drivers under Xen ?
What are the consequences of Installing FreeBSD as a 2nd domain in XEN
for the nVidia drivers ?

Thanks in advance,

Christophe

---