Re: [Xen-users] debianbase.de: Errors in /var/log/daemon.log about udev

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] debianbase.de: Errors in /var/log/daemon.log about udev and /etc/udev/rules.d/xen-backend.rules with Xen3
From: Ralph Passgang <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:05:46 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:06:30 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Donnerstag, 23. Februar 2006 17:00 schrieb Sebastien Koechlin:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 04:37:14PM +0100, Ernst Bachmann wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 February 2006 16:22, Sebastien Koechlin wrote:

[...]

> But it may not be a problem, I read in the changelog:
>
>   * changed hotplug/udev dependency to: "hotplug | udev (>=0.059)", because
>     older udev versions doesn't work with xen and then hotplug is needed.
>
> I hope hotplug is doing the job.  I have a lot of problems with network (as
> most of users on this list).

Yes, please use hotplug (by removing the udev package and rebooting) or
upgrade to a more recent udev version by using a backported udev package.

udev in debian sarge is known to be too old to work. The dependency on
"hotplug | udev (>=0.059)" is not working as expected, because on sarge
hotplug und udev packages are installed at the same time.

the next version will have a conflict on udev < 0.059 to solve this problem
finally :)

--Ralph