Re: [Xen-users] how to get rhel3-ish distro run as domu with xen3

To: Andrei Petrov <andrei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to get rhel3-ish distro run as domu with xen3
From: Sven Sternberger <sven.sternberger@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:49:20 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:59:19 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 15:11 -0800, Andrei Petrov wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 05:30:46PM +0100, Sven Sternberger wrote:
> > i expect problems with the glibc.
> >
> Why? That would be interesting to verify.
i think the glibc is configured for a kernel, but i may be
wrong.

> > Has anybody a "howto upgrade 2.4 distros"?
okay! now i have a small one for scientific linux 3 as domu
on scientific linux 4 as dom0:

* copy sl3 installation in the domu partition
* replace the fsck.ext3 and e2fsck with sl4 versions
(if your domu partitions are ext3)
* install the xensource binary rhel4.1 kernel in dom0 and domu
(in the domu you will get a lot of warnings, ignore)
* install module-init-tools from sl4 in the sl3 domu
* mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.old

Does anybody know if
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/RPMS/rhel3/glibc-2.3.2-95.30.xen.i686.rpm
would give me a working tls for rhel3 in xen3?

regards