[Xen-users] move domU (LVM/LV) to other system

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] move domU (LVM/LV) to other system
From: Dirk Estreng <dirk.estreng@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:34:35 +0000 (UTC)
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:43:16 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

I am running an LVM based XEN setup (xen 2.0.7). Now I want to "transfer" a
machine to another host (does not to be live migration) and start it later.

The second host uses LVM too. How do I transfer the content of the LV?
Is there a command to move LVs? Or is it "just":

dd_from_lv->image.gz->dd_to_lv

Thanks,
Dirk