Re: [Xen-users] Re: two different problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: two different problems
From: Hiamal Llanos <hiamal@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 01:44:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 00:50:16 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Matthew Palmer wrote:
On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:14:50AM +0100, Hiamal Llanos wrote:

I dont know what i'm doing wrong. I've installed xen 2.0.7 on Ubuntu 5.10 befor whitout any problems but know I have some.

I'm runing Ubuntu 5.10, P4 1GHz whit 512mb ram, and installed xen 2.0.7 from the xen-2.0.7-install-x86_32.tgz package.
I'm using LVM for everything but /.

After installing xen i'm getting:

device-mapper: dm-linear: Device lookup failed
device-mapper: error adding target to table

IME, that "error" means nothing.  I've seen it on every system I've booted
with LVM for ages now, and it hasn't stopped anything from working yet that
I can tell.

I tried with the "quite" flag but I gott yhe same error message. :(

(booting ubuntu with 2.6.12-9-386 kernel everything works fine)

At a guess, you probably don't see it because the Ubuntu default kernel is
booted with 'quiet', so the messages just don't appear.

/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/server/SrvDir.py:3: DeprecationWarning: twisted.protocols.http has moved to twisted.web.http. See http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/web.
 from twisted.protocols import http

I tride to downgrade to python2.3 but I got the same warning message.

I solve all the "problems" I had installing xen 2.0.7 on debian sarge. Now everithing works fine.

I'd say, at an educated guess, that Breezy shipped with a newer version of
twisted than Xen 2.0.7 was written for.  Again, nothing to worry about, as
long as you don't go up another Twisted major version before you switch to
Xen 3.

- Matt