Re: [Xen-users] so easy - but.. multiple NIC's in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] so easy - but.. multiple NIC's in domU
From: "John R. Shannon" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 05:56:31 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 13:02:29 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 04 January 2006 07:24, Mathias Diehl wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I searched the web and losts of posts in this list to get a network running
> on my xen box. Using xen3.0 on debian sarge worked quite fine and I also
> understood all the networking / bridging stuff... (thanx to many posts and
> howto's).

It's easy. He's an example from one of my domU config files:

vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:02, bridge=bridge0', 'mac=aa:00:00:00:01:02,
bridge=bridge1' ]

You don't have to specify a mac address; one will be assigned for you if you
don't.

In dom0 you can include one ethernet interface in bridge0 and another in
bridge1. That way you're bridging all the vif interfaces in bridge0 to one
ethernet NIC and all the vif interfaces in bridge1 to a different ethernet
NIC.

--
John R. Shannon
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx