I've been struggling with a xen networking problem for more than a week now
and I ran out of ideas so I thought I'd ask for help here. But first a bit
about my networt layout.
I have xen setup with a wrapper that establishes three bridges in xen,
which I named red, orange, and green. eth0 is my public interface and is a
3com card, bound to the red bridge. eth1 is my dmz interface, a forcedeth
(nvidia card), and it is bound to orange. dummy0 is bound to green, and
all domU's on this bridge are in the 192.168.1.0 network, including dom0.
I have a very small router/firewall domU that routes and filters all
traffic between these bridges. It's a fun layout that works flawlessly in
When I upgrade to xen3, I experience tcp and udp checksum errors when
attempting to route any traffic through my firewall/router. I tried to
enable "ethtool -K ethX tx off" in all of my domU's without success. (When
I tried, the root user in each domU could access the rest of the network
fine, but not normal users ... and dom0 remained cut-off regardless of
This behavior makes no sense to me whatsoever, and I was hoping someone
could point out some documentation or has an idea on how to proceed. At
some point I'd like to upgrade :)
Oh, and I see the same behavior in the binary and custom-compiled kernels,
both the 3.0.0 release and the snapshot as of 2005-12-31.
Description: PGP signature
Xen-users mailing list