[Xen-users] where do .config defaults come from?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] where do .config defaults come from?
From: nhgxfjijdrcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:21:58 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:27:13 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Xen users,

This stuff is great! Have run 11 domains on a laptop, with room to spare. With lvm snapshots it takes just minutes to have another guest domain up and running.

I'm pretty new to kernel building. As a Fedora user I've learned to depmod and mkinitrd but I get sunrpc module errors when booting on all but the -xen kernel default build. I've figured out what needs to change to make a -xen0 kernel that works for me and am working on a -xenU that does, too. I don't like using the -xen kernel as a domU because it ends up with all the peth/veth/vif stuff.

It would be easier if I could have a different set of default .config files than those that come with the tarball. Would somebody be so kind as to explain where the default .config files come from, and if it's possible to use a different set of default .config's?

I've grep'ed and find'ed through the distribution and can't figure it out where they (come from|are created), short of magic.

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Wright