RE: [Xen-users] PAE in binary distribution for RHEL4.1

To: "Sven Sternberger" <sven.sternberger@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] PAE in binary distribution for RHEL4.1
From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:40:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 10:46:25 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would expect PAE is disabled in the default build...

You need to have matching Xen and Dom0 kernel (and if you're not running
a VT/SVM processor, also matching DomU).

In Linux, you need to set CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y [found under X86 processor
configuration->High Memory Support if you use user-friendly
configuration tools]. Remember to have ARCH=xen set when using the
configuration tool.

In Config.mk (in your XEN_ROOT directory), you need to set
XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE=y [or you can do "export XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE=y" before
you start your build, if you prefer].

--
Mats