Re: [Xen-users] tcp checksum errors across dom0-domu bridge

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] tcp checksum errors across dom0-domu bridge
From: Daniel Goertzen <goertzen@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:29:06 -0600
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:33:41 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Okay, I think I've discovered where the problem lies. As I indicated in the original email, the network-bridge script did not work for me so I disabled it and rolled my own solution which consisted of completely ignoring veth0/vif0.0 and just assigning an address to a bridge and using it directly in dom0. I am assuming that this bypasses some xen checksum trickery and caused my problems. Is this correct?

My working dom0 networking setup is listed below. Note that I am still using the standard vif-bridge script.

Cheers,
Dan.

/etc/conf.d/net (gentoo linux)

# bridge settings
bridge_br0="eth0 vif0.0"
config_br0=( "null" ) #disable dhcp

# physical adapter will be a dumb port on our bridge
config_eth0=( "null" )
mac_eth0="fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff"

# dom0 backend interface will also be a dumb port on our bridge
config_vif0_0=( "null" ) #note that we have to say vif0_0 instead of vif0.0

# dom0 frontend config
config_veth0=("192.168.1.5/24")
routes_veth0=("default via 192.168.1.1")
mac_veth0="random-anykind"