Re: [Xen-users] Query about the vifX.Y interfaces

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Query about the vifX.Y interfaces
From: René Pfeiffer <lynx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:44:17 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:47:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 23, 2005 at 0759 +0800, Colin Coe appeared and said:
> Really silly question here:  do the vif interfaces require IP addresses?
> I'm totally stuck with getting IP traffic to my guest domain, layer 2
> traffic (ie ARP queries/responces, broadcasts, etc) is all OK.

Since the Xen network scripts set up a bridge, all layer 2 traffic is
visible at the network interfaces of your unprivileged domains. You
don't need to bother with the vif interfaces. Just configure your eth0
inside the guest domain with a valid network setting and packets should
get to your network interface.

Best,
Lynx.

--