[Xen-users] Re: domU's with large storage needs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: domU's with large storage needs
From: Benny <bentton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:45:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:47:43 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> But can a domU run in a partition?

I run 2.0.7 and run dom0 off a reiser partition and two domUs off
separate partitions (both ext3) (*). I have grub installed in all the
paritions and each system has its own swap space. I need to look
at the documentation to see whether I can just use one swap space
hierarchy between all the systems... heck, I need to look at the
documentation properly to see what I can play with (I'm coming from a
z/VM environment).

Rod

(*) Strange setup's due to a strange box that hangs on the more recent
frankenkernels from things like OSS/SUSE 10 but luckily seems to run
the Xen 2.0.7 setup well enough (having switched a bunch of things like
acpi & dma off which I have to do anyway on the normal Linux boot).