Re: [Xen-users] Re: Sharing a partition between dom0 and domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Sharing a partition between dom0 and domU
From: Michael Mey <michael.mey@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:09:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:11:50 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 16 December 2005 11:11, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 10:27:19AM +0100, Michael Mey wrote:

> > > Good idea. Before I start to look at it: are there more filesystems
> > > like this?
> >
> > There is also OCFS2 from Oracle or you can try PeerFS (commercial) but
> > has nice features.
>
> Thanks for the pointers. Have you tried any of these with Xen, i.e. not
> by accessing the FS from separate nodes over network, but by directly
> mounting the same device twice?
No, I haven't, but it should work the same way as it does with a cluster-fs on
a san being mounted from several nodes at the same time.

> > OCFS2 compared to GFS is a bit simpler to install I would say.
>
> Any more comments on maturity, stability, features?
The purpose I was testing GFS and OCFS2 was for storing domU-fileimages on it
with the result that it works fine with OCFS2 and doesn't work with GFS due
to some loopback-mount limitations of GFS.

Michael Mey
Thinking Objects Software GmbH    |   mailto: michael.mey@xxxxxx
Lilienthalstrasse 2/1                         |   phone: +49 711 88770-147
70825 Stuttgart-Korntal, Germany  |   fax: +49 711 88770-449