[Xen-users] MD/EVMS on domU?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] MD/EVMS on domU?
From: Andy Repton <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:16:33 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:18:07 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I'm starting out with xen by trying to convert my existing gentoo
server to be a domU under a newly created gentoo dom0.

I have the dom0 running nicely and have most of the domU up, but the
original server had an md/evms setup for home etc. I thought I could
export the block devices to the domU and have md pick them up, but it
is failing to do so. It writes

md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.

to the console, but there is nothing in /proc/mdstat nor does evms
find the RAID or setup /dev/evms/ nodes.

Before I waste time trying to get this up and running; is it possible
to run MD/EVMS on a domU?

I have not compiled MD or EVMS into the dom0 kernel, so that it
doesn't try to build the RAID.

Any ideas?
Andy