Re: [Xen-users] Best Setup for a ISP

To: Tristram Cheer <tristram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Best Setup for a ISP
From: Chris de Vidal <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:15:11 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 14:16:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--- Tristram Cheer <tristram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My question to the list is this, what is my best way of setting
> up the filesystem so that the DomU's can have a common data dump
> AND be able to be live migrated from box to box?

My suggestion is software-based GFS or OCFS.

You could also use DRBD which is like network RAID 1, but only one node can
write to the partition at a time but that would give you high availability at
the cost of a few seconds of downtime when flipping over.

If this ever becomes stable it'll be very nice:
http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/ddraid/

On a different note, don't hesitate to try out Heartbeat and LVS.

Good luck!

CD

* Bad news: We've all broken God's 10 Commandments. Lust is adultery (Matt.
5:27-28), hate is murder (1 John 2:9). Break one and you've broken them all
(James 2:10). We *all* deserve hell.

* Good news: Jesus paid my penalty. Turn from your sin & ask God's forgiveness
by His blood -- while you still have time!

NeedGod.com