RE: [Xen-users] Solved: network problems when starting xend, Xen-3.0 + t

To: "Woon Wai Keen @ doubleukay.com" <doubleukay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Solved: network problems when starting xend, Xen-3.0 + tg3
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:27:14 -0000
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:28:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I finally found out why the network became unreachable (to
> the point that tcpdump -i peth0 revealed no packets) when
> xend is started. This is triggered when the tg3 interface is
> added to a bridge before the link comes up.

This is rather interesting. We use tg3 cards on many of our boxes and
haven't had problems.

It should only be peth0 that needs to do autonegotation. Please can you
try a more minimal version of your patch that just perturbs peth0.

Also, rather than "sleep 5", could you try polling for the link status
going "up".

Thanks,
Ian