Re: [Xen-users] Dual Core processor options

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dual Core processor options
From: Simon <greminn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 15:11:20 +1300
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:12:06 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 12/8/05, Steve Dobbelstein <steved@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wrote a little script to parse the output of "xm dmesg", extract the CPU
> information, and print it out in a simpler format.  Here is some sample
> output from my 4 processor, dual core, hyperthreaded machine.

Hmm - quite interesting! So a good optimum Xen processor would be a
MP, dual-core, HT processor - this gives you quite abit of flexibility
with domU's im guessing.

What specific processor's are you using for your server, also, is it a
brand-name? I would be interested in hearing about the HW involved and
what you are using them for (generally eg how many domUs and what they
do). As i am sorting initial thoughts on our HW choices at the moment.

Simon