RE: [Xen-users] Am not able to create a XenU Domain forFedoraCore 4

To: "Steven Anderson" <hikenboot@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Am not able to create a XenU Domain forFedoraCore 4
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:37:52 -0000
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 21:38:39 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I tried renaming the kernel to ...domU
>
> I get the message
> Error: Error creating domain: VM name 'rawhide' already in
> use by domain 2

The error means exactly ehat it says: you have another domain with the
same name.
When issuing the xm create command put name="rawhide2" on the command
line.

> I suspect its setting it up as a privilaged domain which isnt
> what people are generally looking for. So I think we have no
> recourse but to rebuild from source if using the new kernel
> for dom0...

Having separate dom0 and domU kernels is unnecessary, hence our -xen
config. It tends to be developers that use the -xen0 and -xenU configs
as they build quicker and you don't have to worry about installing
modules on initrds.

Ian