[Xen-users] a problem of subnet crossing multiple machines

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] a problem of subnet crossing multiple machines
From: "Zhan Xiaoying" <xyzhan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:26:16 -0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:57:28 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I have a difficult problem that I have tried everything but still can't
solve. The scenario is:
1. Three machines A (130.x.x.15), B (130.x.x.16), C(130.x.x.17) within a
subnet running Xen.
2. On each of them, there is one guest domain as configured as below:
left_node : Dom1 on A: eth0 10.15.0.2
central_node: Dom1 on B: eth0 10.15.0.1, eth1 10.16.0.1
right_node: Dom1 on C: eth0 10.16.0.2.

The target is: I hope to point left-node's gw to eth0 on central node,
and point right-node's gw to eth1 on central_node; therefore the
central_node acts as a router, through which left-node and right-node
can ping each other.

I have tried configuring everything on one physical machine by creating
3 domains, and it worked. But when across three physical machines, it
fails. (by adding an extra routing entry, "vertically " each internal IP
address can ping the underlying public IP address.)

Any help is very much appreciated!
Zhan