RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and Hyperthreading an issue?

To: "Cole, Ray" <Ray_Cole@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0 and Hyperthreading an issue?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 18:33:18 -0000
Cc: ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:33:44 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I turned hyperthreading off on the machine and it seems to be
> able to boot with all 4 user domains just fine without the
> need for sleeps inbetween (very consistently dies if HT is
> enabled and I don't sleep a little while between domain
> starts).  So I'm leaving HT off for now to see if it remains
> stable with HT disabled.

There certainly shouldn't be an issue with HT. If you leave it in text
mode do you see an oops message?

Please can you file this on bugzilla, including details about your
system.

> I was going to report this on bugzilla, but
> bugzilla.xensource.com is giving me a server error right now.

bugzilla should be back up -- we decided to move it onto another hosting
site in preparation for some heavy traffic on the downloads servers.

Thanks,
Ian