RE: [Xen-users] compiling custom kernel on 2.0 testing

To: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] compiling custom kernel on 2.0 testing
From: "Andrew D. Ball" <aball@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:11:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:11:24 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 12:31 +0100, Petersson, Mats wrote:

> [...]

8-) I see the same behavior.  The annoyance for me is that I don't have
any way to get 'make world' to use a different dom0 kernel configuration
than the default without modifying the default kernel configuration that
came from the Xen source tree.  I don't want to do that, because I'd
like to keep it intact for sanity.

I suppose if I spent some time, I could use other targets than 'world'
to build the hypervisor and userspace tools, patch the Linux kernels,
reconfigure the Linux kernel, and than make the Linux kernels.  I think
that involves 'make xen', followed something like 'make patch' or 'make
kernels'.  Feel free to chime in if you know how to do this ...

Thanks.
Andrew