Re: [Xen-users] Re: Live Demo CD boots but then can't find CDROM?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 08:55:48AM +0100, Arp wrote:
> (scsi0:A:5): 10.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 15)
>   Vendor: TOSHIBA   Model: CD-ROM XM-6201TA  Rev: 1206
>   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> So, somehow at the controller level (aic7xxx) the drive is recognized ...
> ... but alas, I still don't understand why the CD doesn't show up.

It's possible that the demo CD doesn't understand SCSI CD-ROM drives. :(
What does lsmod return?  Does 'modprobe cdrom' make the drive appear?
If so, if you can successfully
 mount -n -o ro -t iso9660 /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 /tmp/cdrom
and then exit the shell, the boot should continue OK from there.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan                           (My opinions, not the University's)
Systems Research Group