[Xen-users] Linux on Windows

To: "'Juergen Weber'" <weberjn@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Linux on Windows
From: "Satoshi Uchida" <s-uchida@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:57:24 +0900
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 02:57:44 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

I seem that you don't  understand, and recommend reading paper.

Do you know paravirtualization?
This technique is one of means of presenting actual computer
architecture as possible for speed up.
Therefore, usually, platform is not OS , but becomes minimum control
system called VMM or hypervisor such as Xen, VMware ESX server and etc.
This is caused control of privileged operations and so on.
(Because, Control system should be strong than other system)

So, Xen is not

   linux
   linux
   hypervisor
   hardware

, but Xen is

    linux (Domain-0 using dom0)         linux(others using dom0 or domU)

--------------------------
                                       hypervisor
                                       hardware

Xen is not running Linux on Linux.
( xen hypervisor can also be said such minimal linux.)

If your opinion

linux-adapted to xen-win32-drivers
xen-win32-drivers
windows
hardware

 is realized, these mechanism is need, and then it is not easy like
createing xen-win32-drivers, but is equal to develop new virtualization
system (such as VMware Workstation).

I think that xen does not aim to such area.

Why do windows need to locate Windows on hardware?
I feel to that it should be able to use Windows as control domain?
(current xen can not select Windows as control domain)

Satoshi Uchida